💔
There's snow upon the gravesite
Are you cold down there my love?
I know it's just your body
And you're spirit's up above
I wish you'd left in summertime
Or maybe in the spring
But leaving in the winter
I fear you'll feel the icy sting
If I'm cold then you must be
I mean, how could you not?
I still can't believe you're gone
It feels like I've been shot
I hope you're looking down on me
In your dancing and your song
I'm sure you're happy where you are
But this whole thing feels wrong
Momma can't stop missing you
And dad needs time to breathe
The sisters want the rest of us
And our brother struggles to grieve
Your husband needs your sweet embrace
Your baby needs your smile
Your best friend thinks she's missing half
Your guy friend's in denial
We cling to all your photos
Your clothes, your memories, your face
It's never going to be enough
It's like you've been replaced
Now I'm watching snowflakes fall
As they cover the ground in white
I know you don't feel the cold effects
But that doesn't make it alright
We're doing our best minute by minute
To make it through the day
Every second thinking of you
As we try to make out way
Life is much different than we thought
Somehow it's not as loud
With every step we take down here
We'll try to make you proud
When the snow finally melts away
In summer, or maybe spring
I'll plant some flowers next to you
And picture you with wings
Comments
Post a Comment